Sperm freezing and storage in iVF Riga Reproductive tissue bank
iVF Riga clinic opened the first official Reproductive tissue bank in the Baltic States, which provides freezing and storage of eggs and sperm for the patients. According to the legislation of Latvia, the period of storage of the patient's genetic material is 10 years.
- Bad semen analysis. Sperm cryopreservation makes it possible to collect material in several times and to accumulate the required semen amount for artificial insemination program.
- Fertility preservation for oncology patients, since the process of sperm production stops using chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Premature testicular tissue exhaustion.
- Expected male urogenital surgery.
- Unfavorable social and professional factors that affect reproductive health: harmful production, emotional exhaustion (burnout syndrome)…
Such patients are recommended to freeze their sperm before starting therapy.
- This is an excellent opportunity for those who are not yet ready to start a family, who wants to make a career or finish their studies at a university.
- In cases where a proper partner for joint life has not yet been found. Modern technology allows to use the sperm fully after thawing, keeping its quality at the same level.
- You have an opportunity to take sperm freezing procedure during the first appointment in our clinic, which will help to save your time and to reduce amount of visits (sperm can be used during the treatment of infertility at the right time without your presence).
How to proceed?
If you want to freeze your sperm at our clinic, you must firstly pass blood tests for infections (HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis). You can do it in any laboratory or at our clinic. Then you should come to the clinic for genetic material collecting. After checking the quality and quantity of the material in our laboratory, you should sign a contract and pay for the service.
The cost of sperm freezing and storage for one year is 450.00 Eur
Your genetic material can be stored in iVF Riga Reproductive tissue bank up to 10 years and is available at any time!