iVF Riga Andrology Centre is the first Andrology centre in Latvia accredited by the European Academy of Andrology
The branch of andrology medicine concerned with men's health, particularly male infertility and sexual dysfunction. Andrology is literally "the study of man" (Greek "andros" - man). Andrology is the male counterpart of gynecology.
Andrology - An andrologyst interests are:
- Male fertility (reproductive) function and how it changes.
- Hypogonadism: a clinical syndrome, based on a deficit of the male sex hormone (testosterone), which contributes to the damage of cardiovascular, central nervous, skeletal-muscular and reproductive systems.
- Men`s contraception
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male body aging and associated with it age-related diseases of the genitals
- Male genital infections, including sexually transmitted infections (STI)
Andrology - Medical examination:
- Hormone tests
- Diagnosis of sexually-transmitted infections
- Tests for the presence of metabolic abnormalities
- PSA test (Prostate-Specific Antigen)
- Ultrasound diagnosis
Andrology - Reason to visit an urologist:
- You have reached the age of 50
- While examine yourself, you have found abnormal growths on the tip of the penis or lumps in the scrotum
- You have seen blood in your urine at least once
- You have seen blood in your semen for an extended period of time (longer than 6 months)
- You have urethral discharge
- Your partner has contracted a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- You have had ongoing problems urinating for an extended period (more than 2 months)
- You have been experiencing pain in the genitals, kidneys or urethra
Andrology - A consultation with an andrologyst is advisable if you are a man and:
- Your partner has been unable to conceive over a 12 month period of regular sexual activity without contraceptives
- You have been experiencing ongoing erectile dysfunction, which has prevented sexual intercourse within the last 6 months
- You have been experiencing problems with ejaculation
- You would like to select a method of contraception
- You have other questions relating to your health
In our clinic, you can make an appointment with Dr. Juris Erenpreiss, MD, internationally certified andrologist, sexologist, sex therapist, head of the iVF Riga Andrology Center.
Make an appointment: (+371) 67 111 117; (+371) 25 641 022; firstname.lastname@example.org; Zaļā iela 1, Riga, Latvia
Male Reproductive Function
Coronavirus and male sexual health
Semen analysis: what's the purpose?